Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Blog Tour: Anomaly by Tonya Kuper




Release Date: 11/25/14
Entangled Teen


Summary from Goodreads:



Reality is only an illusion.
Except for those who can control it…

Worst. Birthday. Ever.

My first boyfriend dumped me – happy birthday, Josie!- my dad is who knows where, I have some weird virus that makes me want to hurl, and now my ex is licking another girl’s tonsils. Oh, and I’m officially the same age as my brother was when he died. Yeah, today is about as fun-filled as the swamps of Dagobah. But then weird things start happening…

Like I make something materialize just by thinking about it.
When hot badass Reid Wentworth shows up on a motorcycle, everything changes. Like, everything. Who I am. My family. What really happened to my brother. Existence. I am Oculi, and I have the ability to change reality with my thoughts. Now Reid, in all his hotness, is charged with guiding and protecting me as I begin learning how to bend reality. And he’s the only thing standing between me and the secret organization that wants me dead…


Buy Links:


My Review:  

Initial Thoughts: Anomaly was really refreshing to read. It had action, fun and quirky characters that have powers that are really awesome, romance, plot twists, humor... It had a bit of everything and that everything fit together pretty well.


The Characters: Josie. I really liked Josie. She was nerdy (a language I speak and understand perfectly), funny, sweet, a thinker, strong-willed, honest, does what's right, and still only a seventeen year old girl. She was a really well developed, likable character!
Reid. I don't know what it is recently about me just falling in love with the main guy when the first words out of his mouth are swear words but...seriously, I am, not that I'm complaining, but Reid is no exception. First words he says: "Are you sh*tting me?" It must have been the whole situation but I fell in love right then and there. Now don't worry, he's a pretty awesome guy who is also sweet and works really hard and even seems to have a crush on Josie. It's pretty adorable. And he's pretty hot too.

The Story: Josie has been having a really crappy birthday. Just one bad thing after the other until, hello, new hot dude on a motorcycle (that sounds really cliche when I put it like that). But Reid and his friend Santos pulling into school is only the beginning for Josie. Josie has started exhibiting powers that she has no idea she had and the weird mishaps that happen, she just convinces herself they were nothing. But Reid was sent by her mother to help train her and hone her abilities. But there are lots of twists and, of course, secrets and lies hidden and interwoven throughout the book that made it so exciting!

The abilities in this book are really cool. It basically that whatever you’ve seen, you visualize and then Push that image and it becomes real. You can then also retract the image and make the object disappear. How it’s explained in the book made perfect sense to me, then again I’m also a very sciencey person, but you all would still understand it too! So in the book, there are people who can Push, people who can Retract, and people who can do both, which is rare. Those that can do both are called...anomalies! And in my opinion get the better end of the deal :) There are consequences to using too much of one’s powers to quickly though. Eventually everyone loses their abilities, it’s just a matter of when.

The Romance: The book is told in alternating POV between Josie and Reid. It was great seeing where both of them were coming from and if they had anything to hide from the other, which Reid does... So they both had issues they had to work out but I liked how well they worked together whether it be in training or just in general. They have a very solid relationship though it might have taken a bit of tug-o-war on both ends to get to that point, darn stubborn people. In the end, they work well together, and are sweet, funny, and lovable.

End Thoughts: I had lots of fun reading Anomaly. I laughed a lot and totally did *not* cry a few times either. I would recommend this for anyone if it’s something you like to read about. Well done! 4.5 stars.

About the Author

Tonya Kuper's debut, ANOMALY, the first in the Schrodinger's Consortium young adult scifi trilogy, releases November 2014 by Entangled Teen. She lives in Omaha, NE with her two rad boys and husband, is a music junkie, and a chocolate addict. Star Wars & Sherlock fan.

Author Links:

WebsiteGoodreadsTwitterFacebook





GIVEAWAY:

a Rafflecopter giveaway



Blog Tour Organized by:

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I loved this book so much as well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so MUCH for reading & reviewing ANOMALY!! And I'm so glad you liked it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete