Friday, January 30, 2015

Mini-Review Friday

Summary: Remy O’Malley heals people with touch—but every injury she cures becomes her own. Living in a household with an abusive stepfather, she has healed untold numbers of broken bones, burns,and bruises. And then one night her stepfather goes too far.

Being sent to live with her estranged father offers a clean start and she is eager to take it. Enter Asher Blackwell. Once a Protector of Healers, Asher sacrificed his senses to become immortal. Only by killing a Healer can a Protector recover their human senses. Falling in love is against the rules between these two enemies. Because Remy has the power to make Protectors human again, and when they find out, they’ll be coming for her—if Asher doesn’t kill her first.


Review: I really loved the premise of this story and of course the characters. I thought Remy and Asher had really cute, wonderful, and I dare say, perfect chemistry and relationship development. The sad thing is I read reviews of the next books and found out that *spoiler start* [ Remy switches love interest to Gabe, Asher's brother. Ummm, say what?!?! Asher and Remy go together so well and there is no indication that she would ever change her mind. I find a character to be weak if they have a really strong relationship with someone, but then change their mind? I don't buy it. *I'm looking at you author for leading your characters astray.* ] *spoiler finish* So because of what I found out, I'm never going to read the next books EVER, and have made up a happily ever after for Remy and Asher. [5 stars]

Summary: Sam McKenna’s never turned down a dare. And she's not going to start with the last one her brother gave her before he died.

So Sam joins the first-ever class of girls at the prestigious Denmark Military Academy. She’s expecting push-ups and long runs, rope climbing and mud-crawling. As a military brat, she can handle an obstacle course just as well as the boys. She's even expecting the hostility she gets from some of the cadets who don’t think girls belong there. What she’s not expecting is her fiery attraction to her drill sergeant. But dating is strictly forbidden and Sam won't risk her future, or the dare, on something so petty...no matter how much she wants him.

As Sam struggles to prove herself, she discovers that some of the boys don’t just want her gone—they will stop at nothing to drive her out. When their petty threats turn to brutal hazing, bleeding into every corner of her life, she realizes they are not acting alone. A decades-old secret society is alive and active… and determined to force her out.
At any cost.

Now time's running short. Sam must decide who she can trust...and choosing the wrong person could have deadly consequences.


Review: Wow, I really didn't have much knowledge about the book or any expectations, but dang, this book was great. Sam is such a strong person and I loved all the characteristics about her. There was a *hint* of romance, Drill/Dean, sigh I love you so much, you are so cute. But other than the hint there isn't romance and I really loved that about the story. It was so great without it and it's such a standout book. I wish I had read it sooner. I seriously recommend this to everyone!! [5 stars]

Summary: When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth. With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed - and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of.

Review: I enjoyed the beginning but the rest of the story I just felt like there wasn't that much action. I mean seriously the whole time I like "pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase get kidnapped, cause I need something exciting to happen." Also I wasn't feeling too hot about Finn. I mean I think he would be great as a love interest but I needed more development between him and Wendy. Overall it was enjoyable and I'll probably read the rest of the books but I see there is a love triangle coming up…sigh…hopefully some torture scenes will be thrown in? [3 stars]

No comments:

Post a Comment