Monday, October 6, 2014

Ultimate Book Tag

Vangie at Painful Reads tagged any book bloggers who were interested in doing this so here you go! Anyone who wants to do this as well if free to do it too!

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nope! I get to read whenever and wherever...usually...

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?

Ummm, the most unique writing style I've read is...*checks all my books*...okay so I have three: Katie McGarry, Shelly Crane, and Heather Lyons. I don't why but I just love all their writing!

3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

Hehe...WELL...I've never read Harry Potter, even though it's my generation and I remember going to the first movie with my dad when I was 5. I know, my friends tease me all the time that I haven't read them, but I just can't make myself sit down and read them. So my answer will be Twilight, because I have read those books.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?

I don't carry a book bag but I do always carry a book whether it be a physical one or my kindle!

5. Do you smell your books?

Ah no, I actually think that's weird, though I have maybe twice. I do love feeling book covers though...

6. Books with or without little illustrations?

I haven't read a book with illustrations since I was what? 12? I don't know. I don't like them though t least now. I like my own imagination thank you very much. Oh wait, does Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children count, there are photos in there...probably not.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)

I honestly don't know. I also don't really care. I don't really compare each book I read to others since they are all their own story. I will basically like any book I read.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

Well this isn't really funny, more like a confession but... When I was in middle school, a couple times every year we could pick out books that were donated to the school to take home, but only one. Well, one time, I was towards the end of picking a book from the box and there was actually quite a few books left, so picked the first Percy Jackson book...and the second...and the third...and the teacher never noticed...

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?

Vision by LisAmowitz (see picture)

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. SERIOUSLY, It. Is. Huge! (see picture)



11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

Hahahahaha, that's a good one...I hate writing. Period. (Minus reviews...) But I do love to read of course! :)

12. When did you get into reading?

When I was in middle school (see confession above). I really got into it when I realized I could read really fast and happened to find books I really liked at the same time as well.

13. What is your favorite classic book?

I love Pride and Prejudice. Mr. Darcy...sigh...

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?

I do great in all my classes, but science is my favorite. Sorry to the Language Arts/English departments but the only reading I enjoy is not forced reading. I also hate writing papers, bleh.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?

I guess I would keep it, but this has never happened to be before so I don't really know.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?

Geez, I don't like questions that make me think...I feel like there are so many yet I can't think of one thing. Okay, The Fallen Star Series by Jessica Sorenson. OH! And The Riser Saga by Becca C. Smith too. 

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?

I tend to get really distracted when I write reviews, which means I take a really long time to write them. And just in general too I guess like I just got distracted on Goodreads...

18. What is your favorite word?

Favorite word, oh that's easy - books. Seriously though, I don't have one, at least not at the moment.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?

I'm definitely a nerd but my best friends say I'm a dork too! 

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?

Oooo, okay both. I can't decide. I like both!

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?

Angels. Normally they are really protective characters and I like that especially if they are sweet too.

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?

Werewolves. The whole brooding thing totally works ;)

23. Zombies or Vampires?

Vampires. I've read some pretty amazing vampire books but only one Zombie. I really need to read more Zombie books.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love

Forbidden Love all the way. I really don't like love triangles at all. But bring me that forbidden love and I'm yours.

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
How am I supposed to answer this? I like books with romance and action. I need both. I can't go either way! There at least needs to be a plot though if there is going to be a lot of romance.

Yay! I'm finally done. Dang, that took forever. Well I hope you enjoyed it. Happy Reading cause that's what I'm off to do now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment