Friday, October 17, 2014

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I'm reading The Collectors' Society by Heather Lyons and decided to give a teaser of the opening lines. This book is really exciting and I can't wait to finish and see how it turns out. I also hope you are confused with the teaser cause I had to read it a few times to understand what had been going on! Maybe I was just a little slow understanding but whatever I get it now. Yes, I do know this is late, just  go with it. Happy Reading!

***

The Ceiling above me is a mysterious map of cracks and chipped paint, nearly undecipherable in origins or destructions. Voids unsettle me, though, so night after night, as I stare up at it, tracing the moonbeams that flit in between hills and valleys, I assign them to my own designations. There, that bump? It's Gibraltar. That chunk? Himalayas. The deep grove near the Southeast corner of the room? The Great Wall of china. The smooth patch nearly dead center is the Pleasance Asylum, which is vastly amusing to me.

***

Summary: After years in Wonderland, Alice has returned to England as an adult, desperate to reclaim sanity and control over her life. An enigmatic gentleman with an intriguing job offer too tempting to resist changes her plans for a calm existence, though. Soon, she’s whisked to New York and initiated into the Collectors’ Society, a secret organization whose members confirm that famous stories are anything but straightforward and that what she knows about the world is only a fraction of the truth.

It’s there she discovers villains are afoot—ones who want to shelve the lives of countless beings. Assigned to work with the mysterious and alluring Finn, Alice and the rest of the Collectors’ Society race against a doomsday clock in order to prevent further destruction . . . but will they make it before all their endings are erased?







No comments:

Post a Comment