Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - 9/9/14



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Before I go further, I just wanted to say that the last week and next few weeks will be slow because I'm back in school and I need to get back into my classes and that takes a lot of my time and it's hard to get to posting here. It will get better but for now things will be slower though I really hope to have more time for reviews cause those are always fun but time consuming. For today's teaser, I have Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini, which just came out last week and is about witches and is very interesting. This teaser is short but I've only started it and I don't want to spoil anything major that's happened. Happy Reading.

***

Lily tried and failed to work out her mom's logic.
"And then I saw my wheel!" Samantha continued happily. "And I wondered, why did I ever stop throwing pots?"
Lily looked at her water-down lump of poorly mixed clay in her mother's shaky hands and couldn't think of a way to say the phrase you lost your mind and the meds destroyed your talent so it didn't sounds cruel.

***

Summary: This world is trying to kill Lily Proctor. Her life-threatening allergies keep her from enjoying experiences that others in her hometown of Salem take for granted, which is why she is determined to enjoy her first high school party with her best friend and longtime crush, Tristan. But after a humiliating incident in front of half her graduating class, Lily wishes she could just disappear.

Suddenly, Lily is in a different Salem—one overrun with horrifying creatures and ruled by powerful women called Crucibles. Strongest and cruelest of them all is Lillian . . . Lily's other self in this alternate universe.

What makes Lily weak at home is what makes her extraordinary in New Salem. In this confusing world, Lily is torn between responsibilities she can't hope to shoulder alone and a love she never expected.

















No comments:

Post a Comment