Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - 9/23/14


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I finished reading The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris today and I'm excited to write a review for this book. It will be exciting. It's been a very long while since I've read YA contemporary and it was nice getting back into it. I guess you can tell that today's teaser will be from it. Quick note is that Aly, the main character, has really great friends and this scene is with her one of best friends. Happy Reading.

***

I push my mashed potatoes round on my plate, mounding them into a hill and then flattening them out. as I drag my fork back and forth through them in a zigzag design, I feel the weight of Gabi's gaze. "What?"
"Nothing," she says, abandoning her steak in lieu of her chocolate cookie. Breaking off a corner, she waves it over my plate. "I was just observing the lovely food art you were creating. Obviously you are fully sane and not distracted at all." She takes a bite and smirks.
"Not distracted," I say, sighing and shoving away my tray. "Contempltive. I made an important decision last night."

***
And it was a really important decision too! :)

Summary: According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.

With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time.

But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.

No comments:

Post a Comment