Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mini-Review: Luminosity by Stephanie Thomas


Summary: My name is Beatrice. When I was born, I was blessed with the Sight. I was immediately removed from my parents and enrolled in the Institution. At the age of twelve, I had my first true vision, earning my raven’s wings. And when I turned seventeen, one of my visions came true. Things haven’t been the same since. 

The Institution depends on me to keep the City safe from our enemy, the Dreamcatchers, but I’m finding it harder to do while keeping a secret from everyone, including my best friend Gabe. It is a secret that could put us all in danger. A secret that could kill me and everyone close to me. 

But the enemy has been coming to me in my dreams, and I think I’m falling in love with him. He says they’re coming. He says they’re angry. And I think I’ve already helped them win.

***

My Thoughts: It was actually a good book but a bit too much fighting for my tastes. I liked the main characters but come on, can we please have a best friend as a guy without said guy and the main character liking each other? Or a love triangle for that matter too? I really don't like love triangles and there is one(ish) in this book but I do love forbidden romance so that helped in the romance part but I really wished there had been more development in the romance department because like I said - there was a lot of action and fighting and killing and dying and too much of that doesn't do it for me. I will definitely be reading the next book because 1. I got to keep reading a series when they end in cliffhangers! and 2. that ending! and 3. it was still a good book besides the fact that tons and tons of people die. Also can I just say, the "enemy" had way cooler powers and was more kickbutt in my opinion - I'd rather be a dreamcatcher over a seer any day in this world. I can't wait to see how everything turns out in the next book. 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment