Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Teaser Tuesday - 5/20/14



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

So I just finished reading Finding Us (True North #2) by Allie Juliette Mousseau. It was a really fun book so I'm going to give a teaser to one of my favorite parts!! 

***

My mom screamed, "OH MY GOD, IT'S GORGEOUS!" She yanked my hand toward as if I wasn't attached to the other end of it. "COLT! Look at it!" She started crying.

My dad held my hand. "Boy, I knew you had it in you." He glanced at Nate, then back at me. "Are you happy sweetheart?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Yes, very happy. That is, if you didn't give Nate a heart attack, Dad!"

The three of us turned to Nate, whose entire body suddenly relaxed, and we all busted up.

***
Summary: Nathaniel Morrisey thought he had a handle on his affections for the one woman he ever cared about, Julia North, who happened to be his boss’s daughter and best friend’s little sister. But Jules is about to blow that calm self-control he's had a tight grip on all to hell. 

Nate's desire to protect Jules—especially from himself—and the overwhelming emotions he feels for her, have waged a war inside of him; having been abandoned and abused as a child, how could he ever love and treat a woman like Julia North the way she deserved?

Julia North knows Nathaniel Morrisey is the only one for her, but with a past like a dark shadow, Nate's as turbulent as the wild horses he rides.

Will Jules be strong enough to hold on unconditionally, or will she decide it’s finally time to let go?

No comments:

Post a Comment