Saturday, May 31, 2014

Review: The One by Kiera Cass


Summary: The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of Illéa, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen--and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.

***

**this is kind of a shorter review because there isn't too much to say unless I want to spoil the whole book which wouldn't be good at all**

Initial Thoughts: I am so very happy how it all turned out. I cried a couple times toward the end because I'm a crier and I don't even care. But the last few chapters were so amazing and heartbreaking and then amazing again! This book made for a great finale and I'm so happy with it!

The Characters & Story: In this book, all the characters really started to act more mature and more reasonably. They all become better people because it was called for. Maxon's father doesn't even want The Selection to continue anymore and then there are rebels trying to sabotage it and they are doing this by killing people and then there are the other rebels who are actually good! 

There is so much going on throughout the book that I was even starting to wonder and doubt how it was all going to end! Between attacks, the mean King (grr), Maxon, America, Aspen, and the other girls left in The Selection, the book was really intense and filled with people making hard choices and wrong choices and right choices and secret choices! And it all went by way too fast (I mean I read it too fast)! 

Even though the level of maturity went up, I still think Maxon and America made some immature ones because of their insecurities. And don't get me started on Aspen, I wanted him out from the first book.

End Thoughts: This was a wonderful conclusion to this series! Like I've already said, I'm so happy how it turned out and I couldn't have asked for a better, more satisfying ending! 5 well deserved stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment