Thursday, March 6, 2014

Release Day Launch: Kissing Eden by T.A. Foster






KISSING EDEN Synopsis:
Have you ever thought of taking a vacation alone? I mean step on a plane, check into your hotel, and lie on the beach completely and utterly alone. No? Me either, but then right before senior spring break I got dumped.
Something about break ups makes you do things you didn’t want to do, and try things you didn’t know you were capable of.

That’s how I ended up at the Palm Palace.
That’s how I met Grey.
That’s how my spring break turned into the most unforgettable week of my life.

**Kissing Eden is a New Adult Contemporary Romance**


My Review:

Initial Thoughts: If you're looking for a quick and fun read, this would be it. It was fast read that I enjoyed. It was a bit predictable at parts and it didn't feel realistic in the sense that I don't anyone has that much bad luck plus I don't think you can fall in love in a week. But that's my opinion! Besides that, it was a good read.

The Characters: Eden. Eden has really bad luck in this book. I felt she was a strong character but maybe a bit too easily attached to people with cause conflicts sometimes. Grey inherited the Palm Palace after his grandfather died, and he's a bit moody and doesn't speak a lot but I thought it was understandable considering the hotel is the only thing left of his family and he doesn't want to lose it but doesn't have the money or people to keep it up. He was under a lot of pressure. Marin was my favorite I'd have to say. She is the best. She was sweet and funny and cute and just a great friend and person in general!

The Story: You know how I said Eden had bed luck? Well...first her boyfriend dumps her right before they were supposed to go on a trip. On the plane, some guy spills beer on her. Then when she checks into the hotel, apparently her ex-boyfriend already checked in and took over the room and he had a new girlfriend with him. Eden punches him in the face for this which I thought was pretty funny. Then she loses her luggage and the only place she can go to stay is some hotel called the Palm Palace which, as I said, needs a serious makeover. But over the week, Eden volunteers to help with accounting for the hotel (that's her major in college) and help fix and arrange stuff around the hotel because at the end of the week, Grey is having some people come and stay which meant that the hotel was going to be booked.The biggest challenge of the story is really what is Eden. Is she going to go back home and think it was just a spring-fling? Is she going to stay? What is going to happen? Now I won't spoil the end but I really did like how the book turned out in the end. It was a really satisfying ending! 

The Romance: How it starts - Eden is the only one who is staying at the hotel and Grey is the only one running it. They kind of clash a bit in the beginning. But at a locals-only beach get together, which Eden is invited to, Grey is there and then the two kiss. The two have some attraction going on from the beginning which only continues on throughout the story. It felt a bit quick, the romance between them, because Eden is only there for a week, but in the end I felt like it worked out more.

End Thoughts: It was a good book with a developed plot and characters. It was fun to read and I look forward to reading other books by T.A. Foster. 4 stars.


T.A. Foster's Bio:
T.A. Foster once spent a month long spring break on South Padre Island, where she soaked in the Texas sun, beach, and learned what real Texas country music is. Sometimes fiction does spring from reality.

She grew up catching rays and chasing waves along the North Carolina Outer Banks and now resides in the state with her adventurous pilot husband, two children, and two canine kiddos.

T.A. has an undergraduate degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a graduate degree in Educational Psychology from Texas A&M University. When she’s not chasing her two-legged and four-legged children or trying to escape for date night, you can find her reading, writing, or planning her next beach trip.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment