Saturday, February 1, 2014

Review: Lingering Echoes By Erica Kiefer



Summary: She's broken with guilt.
He harbors a chilling past.
It's safer if they keep their distance...
But, the echoes that linger connect them.

Returning to Hidden Pines is the last thing Allie Collins wants to do during her final summer before college. For her, the family cabin she spent her youthful summers in, now holds a dark memory that has haunted her everyday for the last year.

While struggling to forget her past, Allie runs into Damien, a local rebel with secrets of his own. He's dark, dangerous and he keeps showing up when Allie least expects him to. She has every reason not to trust him. So why does she find herself opening up to him in a way she hasn't been able to with anyone?

As pieces of Damien's identity emerge, answers to a rumored mystery begins to unfold. By the time Allie unearths the secrets of Damien's past, she realizes just how intricately they are connected. Now she is caught in a dangerous battle that threaten her life and those she loves.

***I received a free copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review***

I thought this book, was pretty good. It started off fine and the ending was great too, it's just that the middle of the book felt a little slow for me, but I thinks it's mostly due to the fact that I didn't connected with the main character as much.

Now, I liked Allie, the main character, and you find out pretty quickly what had happened the summer before which was really sad *spoilerish* someone had died in her family, but the back story... yeah that gets a few tears from ya *end*...but anyways it was hard to connect a bit because she was a bit more outgoing in character than me. Where I like dance and reading all day, she liked basketball and other things and can I just say that I find basketball quite boring so it was hard to read parts of the book that I just didn't like and connect with in real life!

When Allie meets Damien, I instantly actually liked the two together, plus the whole book you're trying to find out what happened with Damien - which meant the two spend a lot of time together and go swimming in lakes and stuff and it's all really sweet and mysterious too with Damien. I mean his whole family died in a fire and he's the only one alive and he doesn't say much except for "I killed them"! But you know there's more to the story and you want to know what it is...which happens towards the end but that was okay because more action came after you get the story and it worked.

Now I just want to point out that some things were a bit predictable but I was also surprised a lot by what happened as well. Overall the story was great and so was the plot, the only downside was that it was hard to connect with Allie sometimes but that was a just a personal matter, BUT besides that it was a good read and would recommend it if you were looking for a nice read! 3.5/5 stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment