Thursday, February 27, 2014

Release Day Launch: Hazards of a One Night Stand by Alyssa Rose Ivy




Summary: Hooking up with your high school crush is a bad idea, a really bad idea. It was only supposed to be one night, one brief departure from my real life, but nothing ever works out exactly the way you plan. 
Colton Waters was everything from my past that didn't fit into my present, so why did he have to show up at my college and pledge the one frat I couldn't avoid?

Because nothing is ever meant to happen just once. At least not the life changing things that mean the difference between falling apart and falling in love.




Teaser Picture:


My Review:


Initial Thoughts: There was a good development of characters and story. I found myself laughing and cringing and enjoying the book. It was a fun and quick read and a bit predictable at some points, but it was fine because that just added to the overall aura of the book!

The Characters: Colton and Mallory. Colton annoyed me a bit in the beginning of the book. He was a bit persistent and, as I said, he was slightly annoying, at least I thought so. But he wasn't annoying for long and, really, his true character started to come out and I ended up liking him!  I also liked Mallory too. Sometimes she acted immaturely in the sense that she thought it would be weird to date someone three months younger than her! But she got over herself and changed as the story moves on. But otherwise she was a great character and I enjoyed reading about her!

The Story & Romance: The summary does a pretty good job of explaining the basics but anyways, Colton and Mallory had hooked up last week of summer and apparently when Mallory goes back to college, Colton is not there two and this just sets off a chain reaction for the rest of the book. Mallory has always had a crush on Colton but in high school she actually dated his brother. When I learned about that I was thinking "Oww hmm, glad I'm not in that position" because it doesn't sound ideal but I'm glad she does end up with Colton cause those two are really sweet as a couple and I like them together! But in the beginning, Mallory was having issues trying to get over herself and the self imposed idea that she can't date a younger guy and that everyone would judge her for it. It takes awhile but she does, thank goodness, because she realizes that if you truly love someone, nothing else should matter. Now I mentioned that I found Colton a bit annoying in the beginning because he was persistent and such, but if he wasn't, he and Mallory wouldn't be where they are so I'll have to give him props for it. I thought the development of the romance between the two was cute (but developed of course). Obviously there was always some attraction but it continues to build throughout the story through going to their hometown football, spending time with friends, going out, visiting family, parties etc. Now I forgot to mention that Mallory has a rich dad, who ties into the story, that we see a bit of throughout and I wanted to say that some of the curve balls he threw - I did not see coming. So yes, it was a great story!

End Thoughts: Like I said - great story. If you're looking for something fun but good to read, this is it! 
4 stars for Hazards of a One Night Stand!



Alyssa Rose Ivy Bio:

Alyssa Rose Ivy is a New Adult and Young Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.






Giveaway: 



a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment