Sunday, January 12, 2014

Review: Endless by Amanda Gray


Summary: Jenny Kramer knows she isn't normal. After all, not everybody can see the past lives of people around them.

When she befriends Ben Daulton, resident new boy, the pair stumble on an old music box with instructions for “mesmerization” and discover they may have more in common than they thought. Like a past life.

Using the instructions in the music box, Ben and Jenny share a dream that transports them to Romanov Russia and leads them to believe they have been there together before. But they weren't alone. Nikolai, the mysterious young man Jenny has been seeing in her own dreams was there, too. When Nikolai appears next door, Jenny is forced to acknowledge that he has travelled through time and space to find her. Doing so means he has defied the laws of time, and the Order, an ominous organization tasked with keeping people in the correct time, is determined to send him back. 

While Ben, Jenny and Nikolai race against the clock - and the Order - Jenny and Nikolai discover a link that joins them in life - and beyond death.


**I received a copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

I really liked this story. It was sweet, funny, mysterious, lovable, sad, and an all around great book. I really liked the time traveling part of the story and how many people do it even though they aren't supposed too which is why the Order exists. But I really hate this Order cause they are trying to keep Jenny and Nikolai (who is amazing and lovable and sweet) apart. So I guess I'll just talk about Jenny and Nikolai before I move on...okay so this might be a slight spoiler but oh well...so Jenny and Nikolai in a previous life (well Jenny technically) loved each other and are the love of each other's lives which is pretty obvious in the present time. On a side note, Nikolai's mother sent him to the future so that he could be with Jenny (isn't that adorable?!?!no, okay, moving on...) Just to make this clear... I love, love, love these two! You get to see some of their past and obviously the present and those two are meant for each other but apparently they get so much heartache...meaning they just don't keep getting a happy ending. Something heartbreaking happens in the previous life (at least I wanted to cry cause I'm such a sucker when it comes to cute romance stories) and then don't you dare even get me started on the ending! Seriously no happily ever afters here!! This ending though obviously provides for the next book but I love happy endings!

Okay now for the characters. Jenny, Nikolai, Tiffany (Jenny's best friend) and Ben were all really well developed characters. They all were distinct, likable, believable, and cool (Tiffany is cool, I like her!). I loved that no matter how weird everything seemed, everyone stuck together cause it and chose to just accept what was happening (well Jenny and Nikolai didn't have a hard time considering all the above) would be pretty freaking to find out about time traveling and past lives. 

So throughout the story Jenny and the others try to piece together what's going on with the Order and it's spies and who they are and most importantly how to keep Nikolai from being taken by the Order and force him back to his time which would break my heart Ahh I mean the characters cause it's not supposed to be real right??? Riiight...so yepp I can't really say more unless I want to spoil major parts of the book! But it was a really amazing read so check it out! 9/10 stars! Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment