Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review: Deadly Crush by Ashley Stoyanoff


Summary: Dog Mountain is just like any other small town — peaceful and uneventful. Well, that is if peaceful means wolves howling all night, and uneventful means it’s overrun by pesky werewolves, then yes, Dog Mountain is just your average small town.

Jade Shaw has spent the last two years avoiding the pack. But when Aidan Collins moves to town, avoiding the dogs doesn’t seem possible. The pack wants him just as much as she does.

Determined to keep him out of the pack’s grasp, Jade does everything she can to gain his attention. Little does she know, Aidan is in deeper with the pack than she could have imagined, and competing for his attention is a deadly game, one she may not want to win.

Okay so what I like to do with books sometimes is to wait like a week or so to read the book (unless I really, really want to read the book right away) so that I can forget what the blurb is about. I love not remembering what a book is about and just start reading it anyways. This was one of those books, and I'm glad because I love piecing stories together. 

In Dog Mountain, the people there know that werewolves exist and pretty much love them - except Jade. She's been hating them for two years (and I can't say why otherwise I'd spoil it!). 

Aidan didn't mean to become the alpha in this town, but now he is...and so there are these games(which is really fighing)  that the females compete in to gain the title of alpha female. Jade and Aidan meet, but Jade isn't a werewolf and Aidan doesn't tell her he is...which causes a lot of conflict later on, because Jade is really stubborn and I really liked that about her. I also liked the fact that she doesn't like to back down ever and doesn't like being told what to do, so it was easy to connect with her because she kinda reminds me of myself sometimes (it must be the rebel in me). BUT at times she was very stubborn and I kept thinking "using some logic would be okay for a change and it wouldn't hurt to try!!" 

Now Aidan, he liked to push my buttons! Sometimes he would act nice and sweet towards Jade or he wouldn't talk to her or anything, but since it alternates points of view you understand why, but it's still frustrating - at least I would get frustrated but that's okay, it's great getting tons of different emotions when reading instead of reading a book in a monotone way!

This book also has a lot of action and secrets and people playing on both sides and not to mention the romance between Jade and Aidan but the good thing is, the book isn't focussed on the romance -  yes, it's there, no it doesn't overshadow everything else. And I love books like this because it has everything in it. 

So all in all I really loved the story and the characters and figuring everything out and the second book isn't out yet and after the ending I need it!! So yepp I recommend this book to anyone who would be interested! 5/5 stars!






No comments:

Post a Comment