Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Teaser Tuesday 12/17/13


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
So I'm currently reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin and here's a teaser!! 
"Thanks," I said quietly. "I'm completely uncivilized." "Then I suppose I'm going to have to civilize you," Noah said, and I noticed then that the check had disappeared. One look at Noah told me he'd taken it. Very slick. I narrowed my eyes at him. "I was warned about you, you know." And with that half-smile that wrecked me, Noah said, "But you're here anyway."
Hehe those two are so cute and the scene takes place at a restaurant!
So in case you haven't heard of it I'll also give you a summary of the book and already more than half way through and it is really good!!
Summary: Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can. She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. There is. She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. She's wrong.
This book is like, as someone has nicely put it, a "Psychological thriller with a paranormal twist" and it it really great so far and I can't wait to get to the end!!...and start the second book! Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment