Friday, November 8, 2013

Updates

So I was going to do a post yesterday for swoon thursday (so I'll just start next week) but I have a really good excuse... I ended up reading two books yesterday evening !!!So I was busy reading and I read

Legend by Marie Lu  

Aaaaaand

A Mind Abducted by Corinne Leigh Donovan

So I'm just going to give synopsis for the books incase you haven't heard of them but I guessing Legend is more famous, but both are very good reads...I really likes Legend and already have the next two books coming from the library!

Legend: What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

A Mind Abducted: Josie, responsible beyond her age, is helpful around the house, takes good care of her younger sister, and always follows the rules. 

This is not enough to prevent her from being abducted by a madman. Making it her mission to fight back, she gives everything she has to outsmart her abductor. 

With the help of an unexpected ally, she learns how to keep herself alive long enough to come up with a plan. But, will the plan work? 

Will she die at the hands of her captor? And if she survives, will she make it back to her family?

Now I'm off to read more books while I wait for more from the library...sigh...so many books so little time...Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment