Sunday, October 13, 2013

House of Hades by Rick Riordin Review

So I read House of Hades this past week as well and I loved it!!
House of Hades is book 4 in the House of Olympus Series.
I give it 5/5 demigod stars!! So in the book there are alternating points of view between the 7 chosen characters of the prophesy (Percy, Annabeth, Hazel, Jason, Leo, Frank, and Piper)
Now that may seem like a lot but it isn't. If you've read the other books then it makes more sense especially since... *SPOILER ALERT*...Percy and Annabeth are in Tartarus... *END OF SPOILER*
Also the book is about 600 pages long so there is action in everywhere and the switching POVs don't confuse you at all. The characters are amazing considering what they have to go through. Some of the characters discover new abilities(they are demigods of course) and more of the prophesy starts to make sense and can I just say I love Nico and have throughout all the books but I feel like when this one part is revealed in the book, his character seems a little..downgraded, messed up...just because it doesn't seem to fit with Nico's previous state of character in the books before. Anyways there are new gods and goddesses you meet - some evil, some funny, some that are just weird. New friends are made even though said friends are giants and titans and a skeleton cat(who I love). You even see old characters and can I just say LEO!!! The poor guy I love him and I swear he's going to die in the last book but I don't want him too cause I want him to have a happy ending with this one girl*cough goddess* which makes more sense if you read. This story was really well written is set up in a good way for the very last book which is called Blood of Olympus which comes out next year...so yeah great book great series and you all should read them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment